Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
jetpilot Wrote:What happened to Corbin? I'm certainly not going to mouth off to programs that have as many or more titles. And I'm not going to try to argue that beating a Class A school half the size of my school makes my program better. Or that my bleachers are better, or that we sell more hotdogs at the concession stand. When you are being judged by the football gods, they are going to want to know how many titles you won. When you start with the "but..but...but..." they will scoff at you...

BTW, do you think Scott County's program is better than Belfry's? Ballard's? What about PRP? Henry Clay?

Of course not.. that lends itself to the point I am making. You say Championships are the only measure, I say that there are numerous things that go into it.

If it is only about titles then Fort Knox and Pikeville are equals... Corbin and Breathitt as well.... in fact Breathitt is the best program in EKY and Corbin is 2nd

Bell County is also interchangeable as a program with those perennial powerhouses Ludlow and Dayton based on your argument. Good thing East Ridge watered down the talent pool or Bell County would have to defend their program's honor against Elkhorn City fans in a similar thread.

Championships are a huge part of measuring a program.. but they can be the most deceiving stat to look at. Truth be told the most impressive part of Pikeville's resume is their runner-up years. Obviously the three peat is the crown jewel..but in HS Football all it takes is one wave of kids and athletes to go on an impressive tear, those runner-ups proved Pikeville was competing on an elite level over an extended period of time. Fort Campbell had a 3-peat with Antonio Andrews... then they moved to 3A and havent really even factored since.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by EKUAlum05 - 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM