Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
Buc-a-roo Wrote:The coaching carousel has to have been a negative for Pikeville's program and set them back quite a bit from where they should be. I agree that the program would be much further ahead of the curve at this point if Coach Mac would have been in place continuously instead being run off.

And for the record, 1993 was the only losing season I can remember for Belfry, but we don't like to talk about it. :igiveup:

'94 was a .500 year (6-6), while the '95-'97 teams both posted double-degit win years. I can't recall what year it was but it seems like we had another close to .500 year in the late 90s, too.

To the question at hand...Pikeville wants to count titles as the only measure but lets face it, if Belfry were Single-A we'd have way more than 3 to date. If you count regional titles then Pikeville is ahead there as well, but there only formidable foe for several years was Hazard. Pikeville had the easiest road to the semi-finals in any class for several years.

I can see where everyone from each side is coming from, but I really feel like the Panther fan base is "reaching" for a single aspect of their programs history that would make them superior. We've even got into the hypothetical "what-ifs" to try to make the comparison closer.

IMO, the measuring stick is HEAD-to-HEAD and at the moment Belfry owns that category and therefore the title of Best All-Time Program.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by Leonidas - 09-19-2013, 08:47 AM