Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I've often wondered what wouldve happened had Coach Howard and/or Coach Allara has stayed until Coach Mac was ready to take over as Head Coach. I'm sure the program would've been better for it yes a few more trips to state would have been on the resume. Then the John Chapman drama wouldn't have happened, and hopefully the Jackson/ Copley era wouldn't have happened either, as a matter of fact I know it wouldn't. Would the lull have happened? Maybe. All programs go through down years. Belfry experienced this in the 1990s when they didnt win a region title during the entire decade and had a few losing seasons as well. Most Belfry fans won't openly admit this but There were more than a few folks over on Pond Creek calling for Haywood's head during that time. But that continuity is what saw them through those down years and came back better than before. Now that Coach Mac is back to stay its no accident that our program headed back in the right direction...
The coaching carousel has to have been a negative for Pikeville's program and set them back quite a bit from where they should be. I agree that the program would be much further ahead of the curve at this point if Coach Mac would have been in place continuously instead being run off.

And for the record, 1993 was the only losing season I can remember for Belfry, but we don't like to talk about it. :igiveup:
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Pikeville: Better All Time Program - by Buc-a-roo - 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM