Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
TheRealVille Wrote:And as I have layed out, I ran med gas in MI, and installed Vav boxes in the fed pen at martin county, and Ann Arbor. I don't really care what you saw in 4 decades in your small work area. If you could care less, quit responding.

Anybody can look these agreements up, except maybe vector.

STANDARD FORM OF
UNION AGREEMENT

(As Modified)
Sheet Metal, Roofing, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Contracting Divisions of the Construction Industry.
This Agreement, entered into this 1st day of June, 2009, by and between the Akron, Canton, Mansfield Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors’ Association, Inc., dba East Central Ohio SMACNA whether represented by a Contractors’ Association or not, hereinafter referred to as the “Employer”, and Local Union No. 33 - Akron District of Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association, hereinafter referred to as the “Union”, having jurisdiction over Ashland, Carroll, Coshocton, Crawford, Holmes, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas, and Wayne Counties in Ohio.
ARTICLE I
Scope of Work
Section 1: This Agreement covers the rates of pay and conditions of employment of all employees of the Employer engaged in, but not limited to, the a) manufacture, fabrication, assembling, handling, erection, installation, dismantling, conditioning, adjustment, alteration, repairing and servicing of all ferrous or nonferrous metal work and all other materials used in lieu thereof and of all HVAC systems, air-veyor systems, exhaust systems, and air handling systems regardless of material used, including the setting of all equipment and all reinforcements in connection therewith; (b) all lagging over insulation and all duct-lining; © testing, servicing, and balancing of all air-handling equipment and duct work; (d) the preparation of all shop and field sketches, whether manually drawn or computer assisted, used in fabrication and erection, including those taken from original architectural and engineering drawings or sketches, and (e) metal roofing; and (f) all other work included in the jurisdiction claims of Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association.

Section 2: Market Preservation and Recovery: With the rise of non-union competition and infringements by other craft unions, sheet metal workers’ and signatory contractors in recent years have suffered significant declines in the share of the market of work within the jurisdiction of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association. It is the intent of all parties of this Agreement to take strong measures to reverse these trends and provide for the long term health of the union employing industry, by making it mandatory that the signatory contractor exhaust all efforts for the purchase of all distribution of air products, specifically, but not limited to, VAV boxes, fan (powered or not), make up of air units, fans, air distribution devises, grills and diffusers, and assign them completely to the sheet metal workers’ employed by him.

I guarantee you the sheet metal workers think VAV boxes are theirs and like I said, they've put in every one of 'em on my jobs. I have to know this kind of information to keep from having trouble on the job. But, since you always like to argue about it like I never know anything as always, you force me to prove you wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by TheRealThing - 06-03-2013, 09:55 PM