Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
TheRealVille Wrote:What's your point? (1) You don't have to be a plumber to have your HVAC license, or for that matter, (2) a medical gas license. I have both. I have never had a plumbing license, but, I have worked for the plumbers in the mid 90's on federal projects, for which one doesn't, or least didn't then, have to have a plumbing license. I have never, ever, on this board claimed to be a plumber. But, I worked for the plumbers for several years on a new project in the VA hospital in AA, MI. There is no slip up. When you know the details of my work scope, maybe you might not look like a foolish idiot when you are discussing my line of work.

(3) No, plumbers don't run the chill piping, the heat, or the reheat moron. Plumbers might, on very small work, but for the most part, that is fitter work. (4) As to VAV boxes, that is NOT the work of the duct people. It is fitter work, and we install them in the duct after the sheet metal guys leave us a spot for them. (5) There were tons of plumbers on the Federal prison in Martin county, and every single VAV box was set by, and piped by me and about 5 more fitters. That's not to say on some small jobs that you run, you gave our VAV work to sheet metal guys. The more you try to school me on MY work, the more of an idiot you show yourself to be. Like I said, my main work for the last few years is industrial, but (6) I worked out, and belonged to Ann Arbor for many years. Most of their work is large scale commercial.

(1) - Never heard of a plumber with a HVAC license

(2) - You sure you don't mean Med Gas Certification? Again, I never heard of a Med Gas license. At any rate, here is what the KY code book says;

815 KAR 20:195. Medical gas piping installations.
Section 2. Standards and Procedures.

(1) Installation standards. Except that Section 5.1.10.6.6, Branch Takeoffs, shall not be adopted nor enforced within the Commonwealth, a new medical gas piping installation or an addition to an existing medical gas piping system shall comply with the applicable provisions of NFPA 99C, Standard on Gas and Vacuum Systems, 2002 Edition.

(2) Permit required. A licensed master plumber shall make application for a permit to install medical gas piping prior to the installation. To obtain the permit, the master plumber shall:

(a) Pay a fee of thirty-five (35) dollars base permit for the medical gas system for each building;

(b) Pay a fee of five (5) dollars per opening; and

© Identify the person who shall perform the installation. The person making the installation shall be a certified medical gas installer as required by NFPA 99C as well as a licensed journeyman plumber.
(3) Supervision by the master. It shall be the responsibility of the licensed master plumber to ensure that the person doing the installation:

(3) Yeah, in this valley they do.

(4) I've seen a lot of bid packages come in from a lot of duct benders, every time VAV boxes are part of their bid.

(5) Again, this is always part of the duct package and is always sheet metal. If plumbers did it in Martin county it was likely by some fluke, and fitters don't run 3/4 copper that I've ever seen. Sounds like a jurisdictional dispute that got settled by the super or somebody left it out of their bid.

(6) I never doubted you were a traveler.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by TheRealThing - 06-02-2013, 10:11 PM