Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
TheRealThing Wrote:Slip up or lie? We both know if I'd blundered into this territory you'd have gone on and on for who knows how long extolling how you had defrocked me as a sham.

And therein lies the key to your arrogance across the board. You believe that you are so rich nothing can touch you. You think yourself to be above the soon coming fray that those relegated to the ranks of 'common' humanity will suffer due to lack of riches. That's why you're not worried about everything from ObamaCare to world economic collapse, because of your money. The scriptures clearly state that global economic chaos and ruin will destroy the wealth of all alive in that day. With the economies of somewhere around 200 countries, presently on the verge of bankruptcy and officially listed as being in crisis status, it won't matter what anybody has when those dominos begin to fall. Whether a fortune or a pittance, when money becomes worthless, it will be worthless no matter in whose hand it is grasped. I've tried to explain that to you but, that is where you have chosen to place your trust.

You haven't the first clue what I have, or how I live. Regardless, your personal attacks mean less than nothing to me. You're just one more liberal voice repeating the falsehoods provided to you by those who do your thinking for you.

Regarless of your protestations to the contrary, I already gave you your due when I conceded that the big pipe, chillers and boilers get set by fitters but, I qualified that by saying that only on the grandest scale is that the case. Because only the largest systems call for units that big. Still, once the big pipe runs are done, PLUMBERS run chill water piping, reheat piping and set coils, fitters never do that kind of work. Fitters don't grace the mechanical rooms in many settings for sure, and if you did it while working as a maintenance worker that is outside normal union shop practice. Travelers don't get a lot of this kind of work because it always goes to local hands who are in good sted with the BA. Even in the case of the larger facilities, much of the pipe used in chiller work was a prefabricated grooved pipe system designed by the architect, built and shipped in for installation by a subcontractor. Most commercial work 95% at least, isn't on the scale of a major car manufacturer such as Toyota and GM.

As to Variable Air Volume boxes, they are within the licensed purview of the the duct benders, not pipe fitters. Fitters don't do duct work.

I doubted you had done that kind of work. By your own admission, your association with commercial work was far from this valley. And since I know many of the guys who actually do it around here, I knew you didn't. I still say you tend to try to overlap the jurisdictional trade boundaries that exist in the field. I even mentioned once that I had never seen a fitter do plumber work and you 'liked' the post as if you were one of the exceptions to that rule. Many of the plumbers I know can weld and often do boiler and chiller work under whoever's license the job was approved by state.

And finally, by the job description you posted, even you have to admit when it comes down to it. All you really do is pipe. That's why one rarely (if ever) sees a fitter who is knowledgeable enough to be a superintendent. If that causes you some level of discomfort all I can say is you picked your career field.
What's your point? You don't have to be a plumber to have your HVAC license, or for that matter, a medical gas license. I have both. I have never had a plumbing license, but, I have worked for the plumbers in the mid 90's on federal projects, for which one doesn't, or least didn't then, have to have a plumbing license. I have never, ever, on this board claimed to be a plumber. But, I worked for the plumbers for several years on a new project in the VA hospital in AA, MI. There is no slip up. When you know the details of my work scope, maybe you might not look like a foolish idiot when you are discussing my line of work.

No, plumbers don't run the chill piping, the heat, or the reheat moron. Plumbers might, on very small work, but for the most part, that is fitter work. As to VAV boxes, that is NOT the work of the duct people. It is fitter work, and we install them in the duct after the sheet metal guys leave us a spot for them. There were tons of plumbers on the Federal prison in Martin county, and every single VAV box was set by, and piped by me and about 5 more fitters. That's not to say on some small jobs that you run, you gave our VAV work to sheet metal guys. The more you try to school me on MY work, the more of an idiot you show yourself to be. Like I said, my main work for the last few years is industrial, but I worked out, and belonged to Ann Arbor for many years. Most of their work is large scale commercial.
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by TheRealVille - 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM