Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Cheerleading Squads! Who's the best!
"halfstep" Wrote::Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
I know KHSAA doesn't recognize Cheerleading as a sport! But, Me being a cheerdad and and a basketball, baseball and football coach, Let me tell ya Cheerleaders are some of the best athletes I have seen! So, I saw a post earlier on here and she said she first put it on here as a joke, well here is one for real!
So I will start it out!

You can even talk about Middle School Squad if you want!

From what I have seen at the High Scool level:

Pikeville is always one of the top in the mountains along with Paintsville and Johnson Central.

As far as Middle School goes:

Johnson County Middle School is by far the best Middle school Squad in the mountains with a VERY strong Tradition! Their squad this year is pretty good but they had a Squad last year that was UNREAL! They have NEVER finished below 1st place in the last 4 years now, no matter where they went!
I was with them last year at the Smokey Mountain Classic in Gattlinberg, TN where they competed. And let me tell you something, They SMOKED the whole field! Not only did they capture 1st in the Middle Scool Div. against 13 other squads from other states! They captured GRAND CHAMPION over 34 total squads. To include High School Varsity, which included Paintsville, and also over Super Varsity and Co-Ed Super Varsity Squads from other states! They were AWSOME!
Their Coach is NEVA BENTLEY and she is a 1st Class Act! She demands Respect and Discipline from her Girls and she also teaches them to respect themselves! If you have an attitude or you don't want to give your best for the squad, you won't be on the squad! The woman has never finished below 1st place since she has been at JCMS! One thing is for sure, she runs the squad, not the parents or the girls.

NOW, What hapens when they go to Johnson Central? You would have to ask Ms. ANNITA STURGILL that question. She has all these champion cheerleaders and tumblers coming in and they get smoked every where they go or they all quit on her. Maybe it is the favoritism she shows her upper class girls, by allowing them to make the calls while on the floor and sidelines, by saying when and what girls can tumble or do lifts. Every year she runs the compitision squad and every year for some reason a bunch of girls quit. This year alone she has had over 17 TOP cheerleaders quit her squad. BUT, NOTHING is wrong. Maybe it is because she makes the freshman girls always roll the mats, pick up the trash and always makes them run if they are late for practice. And she can't even get there on time herself for practices and games. The Juniors and Seniors are always showing up late and leaving early with no backlash whatsoever. She also runs another squad of girls which cheer only games and she only practices those girls before games and wears them out and then jumps them because they mess up. So looks to me the admin. needs to listen to all the complaints and open their eyes and make a change. But, we are talking about JCHS who fired their head basketball coach after winning two District Championships. I quess the only way to have job security there is to loose!

Oh. Lawerence Co. ussually has a pretty good squad also.
So tell me what you think CHEER FANS!

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Halfstep, it looks by your aviator that you are a Paintsville fan so why do you even care what the cheerleading coach does at JCHS and JCMS? How do you know so much about their squad anyway?Confusedhh: By the way, JCHS has a great coach in Starns. All the qualities that you find honorable in Ms. Bentley is what you will find in Starns. He also demands RESPECT AND DISIPLINE which was something the former coach lacked.
Messages In This Thread
15th Region Cheerleading Squads! Who's the best! - by Eagle Eye - 01-30-2006, 11:34 PM