Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Sports' Pat Forde at Pikeville/East Ridge game
Well said, UKisN1. I recently questioned a Cordia supporter about this situation, and asked him how all these kids seem to be finding Cordia (which by the ways is rarely found on run-of-the-mill maps). He seemed astonished I would even question the logistics of them arriving at Cordia and gave Rod Rhodes the credit. Then, I asked when he made a trip to Canada to find the athletes, and did the school pay for his travel expenses. Ofcourse, he had no reply for either of these questions and went on talkinig with bubbling enthusiasm about the progess of the team and how they are expected to "go out of the region," and support the 14th Region for the first time in the history of their school! What a fluke! How can they represent the region when most of these kids couldn't name the counties they will even represent (if they do win the tournament!)
Like you said, I wish them the best of luck, but these kids are simply a means to an end...and I can't see how this is within the guidelines of KHSAA and why are they allowing it to happen?
Messages In This Thread
Yahoo Sports' Pat Forde at Pikeville/East Ridge game - by divadawg - 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM