Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Bender (Also, Ray Kasongo, Emmanuel Owootoah, etc.)
What is the deal with Brandon Bender? I heard he is somehow "mentoring" Emmanuel Owootoah. Is he still involved with Ray Kasongo. How can Bender be getting involved with thee athletes and shipping them off to Eastern KY High schools? Wouldnt they be better of going to legit prep schools where they learn life skills.

What is Bender's role? He claims to be a mentor, but doesnt have a full time job and only played semi-pro basketball for a few years. He tells people hes an "AAU coach". But AAU coaches are pretty much volunteer positions. You dont live your life being a volunteer coach, especially with the AAU programs in KY. He seems to be a leech for any talent willing to speak with him. It seems like he getting income from somewhere, very sketchy, but people have been suspicious of him for years. The guy lies constantly. Its sad, but it seems like he find these semi-unknown athletes who are foreign and dont really know fully about his background. I guess he gives them the old "hey I was high school all american" pitch, even though that was 12+ years ago and he's considered one of the biggest busts in KY High school history.

Is there a contact at the KHSAA or NCAA to report Bender? He really is red flag to every players he has ever interacted with. Over 5 athletes hes dealt with have been ruled ineligible over the past 2 years. Pretty sad.
Messages In This Thread
Brandon Bender (Also, Ray Kasongo, Emmanuel Owootoah, etc.) - by masiello - 12-30-2012, 04:30 AM