Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
honestjchsfan Wrote:zaga_fan I will give you credit for atleast trying. In the title game Memphis missed 4 of its last 5 free throws in regulation and thats not X's and 0's. In the game vs WVU, what you failed to point out was the fact that UK had OPEN looks from behind the 3-point line but failed to knock them down. Last season Lamb, Miller and KW were deadly shooting the 3 point shot and point guard Marcus Teague knocked down some key 3 pointers too. You guys give Bobby Knight credit for being a great X's & O's coach but in 1975 Joe B Hall clearly out coached him in the final four. Hall instructed Keivin Grevey to take the Ball right at IU star Scott May. Hall used a agressive D to force IU into 20 turnovers. Lots of you guys look back at 2010 UK team and all you remember is they had five 1st RD draft picks but now after a few years in the NBA we see that only one has been a consistent starter in the NBA that being John Wall. Cal did a excellent job handling Cousins who has proved to be a big trouble maker in the NBA. We all saw what he pulled a few days ago. How can one compare the talent between 2010 UK vs 2012 UK??? Thats a easy one,, D. Miller started for the 2010 UK team but he didn't start as SR for the 2012 team. I will also take the 2011 UK team over the 2010 bunch too. I will take TJ over Patterson, MILLER year 3 over Miller year 2, yes I give Cousins over Jorts, but I will take Lamb over Eric B in the college game. Lamb was a much more reliable shooter who turned into shutdown defender. That leaves Wall vs Knight,,,,, Knight was a much better shooter and a smarter player. Many experts think that Knight will make the better pro but Wall has the gift of SPEED so I call that one a toss up. With Kanter, who is animal , the 2011 would have won the NCAA title.

Ba-Ha-Ha honestJUSTCLUESShsfan - The Memphis cluster was the GREATEST cluster in college championship history! I have pointed out on this site HUNDREDS of times already the number of FAILS that Cal has had in his career, thus, to name them one more time would be a waste of MY time, so, go look them up.

But to comment specifically about the Memphis/Kansas fiasco you clueless Kool-Aid drinker, go back and watch it! It's easy to find, and is a simple You-Tube download, or you can get the entire game on Netflix! Up to the final 6 minutes of the game, KU had NO CHANCE in that game. Over the final 6 minutes of the game, Bill Self instituted the Hack-a-Tiger game plan! As I have mentioned time and again, Tigers were completely lost with no direction on what to do! Cal did not call time outs, he did not make any adjustments, nor were there any offensive or defensive scheme changes in the gameplan. Everytime a Tiger would get fouled, they looked to the Bench, only to get no direction. REPEAT - NO DIRECTION from the bench. I don't care if the comments are claps and attaboys, but Cal was everybit as flustered as his players! The timeouts called were by KU, only to set direction on who to foul next. Memphis timeouts were prayers, not coaching. Everybody - not just Bobby Knight - knows that Cal was outcoached and beaten by a far inferior team! Look it up, and don't make it up as you go! As for the rest of my specifics, they are listed a-plenty elsewhere, but you bore me, thus I will make you find them yourself (BUT THEY ARE POSTED MANY TIMES)....
Messages In This Thread
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach." - by Stardust - 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM