Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
zaga_fan Wrote:1) Title game - Memphis vs Kansas - Memphis had a nearly insurmountable lead late in the gam and Kansas started putting Memphis on the FT line, forcing Cal to win the game on the defensive side of the ball. No changes made on defense, double-digit lead is erased and Kansas wins in OT.

2) Elite 8 - UK vs WVU - Huggins goes zone all night and the wildcats continue to hoist up three after three without hitting one until garbage time. The best team in the nation loses their chance to play the eventual champions Duke in the Final Four because of Cal refusing to attack a zone.

zaga_fan I will give you credit for atleast trying. In the title game Memphis missed 4 of its last 5 free throws in regulation and thats not X's and 0's. In the game vs WVU, what you failed to point out was the fact that UK had OPEN looks from behind the 3-point line but failed to knock them down. Last season Lamb, Miller and KW were deadly shooting the 3 point shot and point guard Marcus Teague knocked down some key 3 pointers too. You guys give Bobby Knight credit for being a great X's & O's coach but in 1975 Joe B Hall clearly out coached him in the final four. Hall instructed Keivin Grevey to take the Ball right at IU star Scott May. Hall used a agressive D to force IU into 20 turnovers. Lots of you guys look back at 2010 UK team and all you remember is they had five 1st RD draft picks but now after a few years in the NBA we see that only one has been a consistent starter in the NBA that being John Wall. Cal did a excellent job handling Cousins who has proved to be a big trouble maker in the NBA. We all saw what he pulled a few days ago. How can one compare the talent between 2010 UK vs 2012 UK??? Thats a easy one,, D. Miller started for the 2010 UK team but he didn't start as SR for the 2012 team. I will also take the 2011 UK team over the 2010 bunch too. I will take TJ over Patterson, MILLER year 3 over Miller year 2, yes I give Cousins over Jorts, but I will take Lamb over Eric B in the college game. Lamb was a much more reliable shooter who turned into shutdown defender. That leaves Wall vs Knight,,,,, Knight was a much better shooter and a smarter player. Many experts think that Knight will make the better pro but Wall has the gift of SPEED so I call that one a toss up. With Kanter, who is animal , the 2011 would have won the NCAA title.
Messages In This Thread
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach." - by honestjchsfan - 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM