Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen County-Scottsville 2013
fanof87 Wrote:AP you are right on the money. I am glad that you have found a new punching bag to warm up on. The mental beatdown is too much for a team that doesn't have the needed depth at any position.

We at ACS understand that we will only get the kids that grow up in the area. Scottsville is a very small town and people seldom move here. People from outside the area will move to Warren County before they move to Allen. Those of us who are close to the program and who are realistic know what we are up against in making a deep run in the playoffs. District and Regional Championships are what we expect and if a class comes along like the one in 2010. We will ride them as far as we can.

Over the past 8 years we have grown our youth program from 114 kids to 268 players. We are building for the future. We have added a flag division for the smaller kids and a 7 on 7 spring passing league. We have a blueprint to get kids to love the game and stick together. We feel this will be the only way for a small town such as ours to ever become successful.

For what it's worth in my eyes the Class of 2017 is the next class to come through ACS with enough talent to make a deep run. If we make any noise before then it will be because of a lot of sweat and hard work.

As for next season...

The O-Line should be muched improved over the past 2 seasons. We started 1 Senior and 4 Juniors this past season. The tail back that did most of the running returns along with a couple of LBs and the #1 receiver. We have yet to find that punishing FB that we had in Brandon Boards. Brandon kept the backers honest and it opened up the option. We have not had that the past 2 seasons. I hope that we are able to fill the FB position next year but I'm afraid that I don't see who it will be.

No matter what, Hood will have the boys in the weightroom all winter and will assemble the best team that our town can produce.

You make some great points.

- ACS's kids are home grown Allen County products and it's never going to change.

- I have heard great things about talent in the junior high level as well. I think by in 3-4 years, success similar to 2009 and 2010 is possible. But will Hood still be the coach?

- Boards has been missed more than any player in my opinion. ACS hasn't really had a respected backfield, let alone been able to run the option successfully since Brandon left.

- Finally, no doubt Coach Hood will have the troops ready. The record over the last two seasons are in no way a reflection of the job Coach does in my opinion. He works tirelessly with those kids until the best result possible is reached. I'd love to see Hood here for years and years to come. I couldn't think of a better coach to lead this team. Having said that though, fo87, do you think Hood's seat gets hotter if another losing season awaits?
Messages In This Thread
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by adopted purple - 12-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by fanof87 - 12-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by adopted purple - 12-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by AllenCountyPride - 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by fanof87 - 12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Allen County-Scottsville 2013 - by adopted purple - 12-14-2012, 09:38 PM