Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Coaching basketball, or playing it, does not take a genius. Brad Stevens has been the best coach in the NCAA over the past few years, and he has had far less talent than Coach K has had in his worst years.

Calipari did as good a job coaching last season as K has ever done. UK had great talent, but it takes some serious coaching to get a group of freshmen and sophomores to play as unselfishly on offense, as hard on defense, and with as much confidence as Kentucky played with last season.

I once thought that Coach Cal only won because he was such a good recruiter, but did he really have anywhere near the overall talent that Duke had when he was at UMass and Memphis? I don't think so. I think that either Brad Stevens or Coach Cal could take over Duke's program and not miss a beat.

I've seen enough of your thinking in the political threads to not trust those, so I'll not warrant your thoughts on the matter as conclusive..... Confusednicker:

Facts are, Coach K is the greatest coach of all time and he has done it with all levels of talent, even less talent than UMass had and certainly NO WHERE near the talent at Memphis or UK and he has done it in a dramatically better basketball conference than Cal has EVER coached in (and that is not even debatable)....:truestory:
Messages In This Thread
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach." - by Stardust - 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM