Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
Stardust Wrote:^ Proves he can do it both ways, thus not one dimensional and a coach who wins only by having the BEST recruits....Wink
Coaching basketball, or playing it, does not take a genius. Brad Stevens has been the best coach in the NCAA over the past few years, and he has had far less talent than Coach K has had in his worst years.

Calipari did as good a job coaching last season as K has ever done. UK had great talent, but it takes some serious coaching to get a group of freshmen and sophomores to play as unselfishly on offense, as hard on defense, and with as much confidence as Kentucky played with last season.

I once thought that Coach Cal only won because he was such a good recruiter, but did he really have anywhere near the overall talent that Duke had when he was at UMass and Memphis? I don't think so. I think that either Brad Stevens or Coach Cal could take over Duke's program and not miss a beat.
Messages In This Thread
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach." - by Hoot Gibson - 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM