Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Collins (4A State Championship) 11/30
Tommy2tone Wrote:I wouldn't argue that. Collins D will have to step it up. They have done that the last couple of games, but it hasn't been against the caliber of a team such as HHS. BUT, that is why we play the games. Lets be for real here, this is the first trip to the finals for most everyone envlolved with MLC program. This is just another learning experience for everyone and an accomplishment to these guys for starting a program. When they make it back next year, it will be another story and mark it down, they will be back next year. Don't get me wrong, the TITANS are just not going to show up and say they played there. THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY TO WIN.

I have a question for you. Do you feel that Collins would have made it to the finals in the 4 class system? I only ask this because I feel that more teams are exposed to the playoffs and championships due to the 6 classes which in turn encourages football in Kentucky.

Many feel that it waters it down and that now "everyone" gets a trophy. Do you feel like "everyone " gets a trophy?

Sorry if I'm straying from the thread and I hope everyone else will stay on track , but felt that I needed to ask this question.

To add to this, Copper from Northern Kentucky is also a team that is very new and first year at state. Very exciting for them.
Messages In This Thread
Highlands vs. Collins (4A State Championship) 11/30 - by tradition - 11-27-2012, 11:48 PM