Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your class has Privates and/or Independents...
BigBad Wrote:I do think private schools need to play in their own division, I know some will disagree but that's just how I see it.

We played a private school last year and after the game was over they gave our best player a packet trying to get him to enroll in their school, they also made it clear that they had scholarships to cover his tuition.

Thats not an equal playing field.

Was that was a KY private school you are talking about? Cause if it is then you are badly mistaken or making this up. I can assure you that no KY private school is giving full scholarships for athletics. If you score high enough on the entrance exam you may be awarded a $500 academic grant. There have been several extremely talented football, basketball, and baseball students who enrolled here but as soon as they found out that there was no athletic scholarship allowed they immediately withdrew from our school.

Some states like TN, which private and public are separated, are given full scholarships to play sports.....such as Ensworth out of Nashville.
Messages In This Thread
If your class has Privates and/or Independents... - by knighted - 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM