Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your class has Privates and/or Independents...
I know in the case of Mayfield/Graves County situation, it should be expected that Mayfield would be the more storied tradition. They have been a school for over 100 years and played football at least that long. Graves County did not merge until 1986 and didn't field a varsity team until either 1987 or 1988. Also in the case of the independant schools vs public schools, independants are actually public schools that are basically just taking in city kids, they have no advantage other than the majority of kids tend to live in whatever is the biggest city in the county. I know here Mayfield schools will allow students from anywhere in the county to come to school there for free as long as they meet criteria grades wise. Graves County also allows students from the city to do the same. I don't think the independant schools are doing anything that gives them any advantage over the other public schools other than their geography.
Messages In This Thread
If your class has Privates and/or Independents... - by mysonis55 - 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM