Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your class has Privates and/or Independents...
Ill put it like this. I heard a very successful coach in this state, who happened to have great success at a few schools say, "If you see a lot of barns and a big FFA at small school in a small population community, it's not a good sign for football."

Point is....at the vast majority of your "county" schools across the state, unless they are schools that are located in very populated heavy areas, struggle to get partcipation from kids who are actually out in the county (lets say, much past 8 miles from school and/or the main town). Some "county" schools are the exception, for example Henderson County (one county, one school, but in a town 28,000) and Scott County (one county, one school, and a town of 30,000).

How many kids that play for Williamsburg or Corbin have to drive 8 miles to school? How many kids from Danville and Someset have to do the same? What about Ft. Thomas Highlands? None, at least not any of them who live inside the actual district. Why? Because the district lines don't extend that far.

I know a couple "county" schools in the state, one who is 2A and the other is 3A. Both have very respectable programs. Not great, but better than average. Both of them have about 45 kids on the team grades 9-12 and neither of them have more than 5 kids on their teams who live past 5 miles from the school. They are basically
"________ (insert town here) football" @ "___________ County High School". That, in a nutshell is the point I'm trying to make.
Messages In This Thread
If your class has Privates and/or Independents... - by Fly Like a Duck - 11-18-2012, 05:05 PM