Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Liquor/Beer store in Pike/Johnson/Floyd
A little update on Corbin since it started selling alcohol for the first time earlier this year.

In the first 3 months over a million dollars in tax money was generated i believe and since then, the tax money is keeping a steady pace.

There already redoing the sidewalks downtown and have plans to repave main street, which has been needed for years, along with many other things. Im also happy to report that i dont believe one single DUI related crash has occured where someone has been injured, ill have to check into the details for sure.

After talking with a couple of cop buddies, the DUI's have actually decreased or stayed the same for the most part. The only thing that has went up is catching underage kids with alcohol, as expected.
Overall, pretty good revenue and no problems. I like the way we have it set up. Resteraunts still have to make 70% of there profit off of food, so it keeps the bars out, and there was a limit of 3 liquor stores added. There up and running, and all have completely renevated old buildings throughout town, and it actually looks better in those places now.

I personally dont drink that much, hardly ever, but i was all for this. Coonsidering every surrounding town is dry, the money we get from London, Bville, and Wburg alone triples what Corbin residents actually buy.
Messages In This Thread
Best Liquor/Beer store in Pike/Johnson/Floyd - by RunItUpTheGut - 11-06-2012, 02:16 AM