Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Obama gets re-elected? Never fear!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I think it is fine for a union of workers to get together to negotiate for their own benefit. I also think it is fine for a company to bring in non-union workers to replace the union workers if they so choose.

That sounds democratic to me. It is called freedom.

Union workers by definitiion, are more highly skilled. When clients invest huge sums of capital to build plants, factories, mills, hospitals, schools and the like, they normally prefer the surety that is represented with union construction firms and labor. Getting down off of the soap box for just a minute, I can speak to the matter of unioin built versus non-union built structures from first hand experience. Sometimes, even going in and tearing out structure that failed to meet specifications. I can't imagine anybody allowing a non-union entity to construct a nuclear facility for example. Being able to count on professional craftsmen is the calling card of union labor. It's about training, skill level and management. I have said for years, that we union folks risk too much with our efforts to manipulate the market and legislators. What we can buy, others can certainly up the ante on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
So Obama gets re-elected? Never fear! - by Truth - 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
So Obama gets re-elected? Never fear! - by vector - 11-04-2012, 07:13 AM
So Obama gets re-elected? Never fear! - by TheRealThing - 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
So Obama gets re-elected? Never fear! - by 4_real - 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM