Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Needs This Coach Again Next Year!
A person from that area once told me that the people in that area are "football ignorant". I also am from that area orignaly and I couldnt agree more. The paople who do bother to show up at football games usually just wind up talking about how the B-ball team is going to be this year. To show where the priorities lie in that area Ill give you a perfect example. The virgie middle football team has won the county championship for the last I dont know how many years(Id love to see them play in the Big Sandy conference with Pikeville,Belfry,P-burg,Hazard and Breathitts jr high teams but youve got to present birth certificates along with your rosters if you know what I mean)Ive havent seen even a t-shirt acknowldeging this accomplishment . But, the B-Ball team wins the state tournament and the players all get letterman style jackets with the state champs logo on the back. If I was a Football only player at that school I would be pretty offended by that. Oh wait a minute I was, thats why I left. So maybe "football ignorant" isnt the best phrase, "football negligent" is more fitting dont yall think?
Messages In This Thread
Shelby Valley Needs This Coach Again Next Year! - by PantherPride68 - 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM