Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eligibility for Fairview Football Players
Like I have said before, I am all for a second chance. But I don't believe it is okay to bring in expelled students and let them play ball, furthermore, I find it hard to believe that if these kids were not atheletes, they would not have gotten the second chance. Which is a bigger shame than any of the above mentioned issues. I was an athelete through junior high and high school, and we all got out of more than we should have. It seems this is part of high school politics though. But they have been rulled ineligible then eligible, so I guess like the rest of us, it all boiled down to who was presented what information.

I wish Fairview the best of luck and hope that this all stay the way it is. I would hate to see all their wins and accomplishments vacated at the end of the year after an apeal or something. I've always found that to be a bogus penalty any way. Just like seeing *Bonds, in the MLB record books. Doesn't change a thing, he still hit the homers! Can't wait to FINALLY see how good Fairview REALLY is Friday, as well as seeing how good Raceland really is as well. Fairview's schedule hasn't allowed us much insight, unless you have seen them, which I have not and minus Ashland, Raceland has really seen no competition either, though their schedule is a little stronger than the Eagles, but its still hard to judge. Though they did hold 2 different 1000 yd rushers to under 70 yds apiece and their defense kept a good Lawrence County offense in check all night. But the offense hasn't seen a defense like Fairviews since week 2 against the Tomcats. This is going to be, by far, the best game of the week in Class A, possibly in any class. Great traditional rivalry, spear headed by drama and circumstance, this is a Friday Night Lights sequal in the making! Can't wait. Good luck to both teams and may they both stay injury free. For the second installment of this in the Regional Championship, I know is sure to come.
Messages In This Thread
Eligibility for Fairview Football Players - by Scotty_Bronson - 10-11-2012, 11:40 AM