Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who would be opposed to this rule change regarding holdbacks...
snapcat91 Wrote:Everyone who is on here in opposition of holding back kids has their own opinion, but speaking for myself and my son it was the best thing I've ever done for him in school and sports!! He also says it was the best decision he has made thusfar too!! He I a straight A student and has neverade a B, a Duke Tips scholar, and made a 21 on ACT as a 7th grader. So holding him back hasn't hurt his academics, if anything it has added to it!! So everyone who is on here saying it's not good for academics should speak with the kids who have held back and get their input before shaming everyone who does!!

Subjecting any student to repeating materials they've already mastered, is harmful to the child's growth. High potential kids need to feed their intellect to keep it growing, and a year off slows that growth. The long term effects could be exponential, and the sports gains by playing against younger kids is extremely short term. It seems highly unlikely that what seems an ok concession to make in 7th grade is going to pay dividends 4-5 years down the road on either front: Academic success or Athletic.
Messages In This Thread
who would be opposed to this rule change regarding holdbacks... - by eratia - 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM