Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
India, Kentucky and W.Va. coal producers announce partnership
Hoot Gibson Wrote:See post #2 of the "obama's war on Coal," in which you provided an economic analysis of Booth's deal with India. I assume that you are at least as knowledgeable about the economics of mining and selling coal as you are about the high sulfur content of coal reserves being mined in the western United States. Hence, my "grain of salt" comment.

The information that you provide often does not hold up to close scrutiny. Taking the "facts" that you present as the basis for discussion is a risky proposition. You have no idea what Jim Booth's mining costs are and you have no idea what sort of profit margin he expects and neither do I. The difference is I do not claim to know the unknowable. Confusednicker:
My only claim of knowledge of what it cost to mine coal, and what it sells for, is information that a coal miner tells me. A miner friend of mine, higher up in the office of the company he works for told me it cost 58-60 dollars a ton/average to mine a ton of coal, and he said it sells for an average of 56(of course that was several months ago), if you have any new info on what coal sells for a ton, feel free to share.

Edit: I'll help you out Hooter.
http://www.eia.gov/coal/news_markets/
Messages In This Thread
India, Kentucky and W.Va. coal producers announce partnership - by TheRealVille - 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM