Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champions of the Mountain Classic 8/17 and 8/18/12
Well, East Ridge won the thing! They played great throughout the whole tournament and won all five games! I'll tell you what, though... Pikeville is down right scary. They're the only team other than Allen Central to take a set from ER so far this season. A friend of mine had talked to a Pikeville fan and told me that they were actually playing without one of their better players, then you look at that roster and see only one junior and the rest are sophomores and younger?! Where did this team come from? They were nowhere near that good last season. Thrilled that East Ridge won this awesome tournament, but not really looking forward to playing Pikeville again! On a side note, I think this weekend was absolute proof that the 15th region is far superior to the 16th in volleyball! Neither Russell nor Ashland looked very strong, and East Carter was easily the worst team in it. And not only that, but Allen Central and Betsy Layne weren't even in it, two teams that make our region even stronger. I really feel that volleyball is headed in the right direction in this region (from more than half of the schools, at least) and this tournament hosted by Pikeville is a GREAT way to further grow volleyball for this area.
Messages In This Thread
Champions of the Mountain Classic 8/17 and 8/18/12 - by BBN4EVER - 08-19-2012, 09:34 AM