Poll: Should PSU get death penalty?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, death penalty
16.67%
No death penalty, but should receive major violation
66.67%
No punishment at all
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does Penn State's current football team deserve the "Death Penalty"?
The question is worded funny. Do the current players deserve it? No. However, the Penn State football program does.

Stephen A. Smith had a good idea, just not practical. I will use his idea and tweak it a little to make my own:

Give Penn State the death penalty. However, ALL current players and recruits should be either set free from their commitment or allowed to transfer with no penalty.

As the report showed, almost the entire administration and football program knew what was going on and covered it up.

Grant it, this was not done for a competitive advantage like paying players, etc... BUT they knew penalties were going to come and they covered it up.

This program is pretty dead already now, but the NCAA needs to make an example of them. I would say kill the program for one year. I would say longer if Joe Paterno were alive but one dead year, along with the tarnished image AND allowing the kids that are LOCKED-IN there, to freely leave.

I would not mind if the program were given a 14 year death penalty though because child rape was covered up for 14 years. Obviously that will not be done, but still.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
does Penn State's current football team deserve the "Death Penalty"? - by LWC - 07-14-2012, 10:19 PM