Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamas pay $162K in taxes -- a 20.5% rate
laker20 Wrote:There are a number of people who fall into #3, some not seeking work for legitimate reasons and some who have chosen to stop the search, etc. In fact, the rate has been calculated by the same means for 70 years or so. However, the survey itself can change and is somewhat secretive. So, while the process has remained unchanged for several decades. The questions being asked that determine placement could vary tremendously, and the rate can be effected based on the survey questions. (i.e. "Are you currently employed? If not, have you completed an application for employment within the past 30-days?" A "No" answer could be the determination that you aren't currently seeking employment) Now, I'm not saying that is on the survey, but one has to assume that the numbers are often swayed (by either party) by the questions being asked. My point, was that it wasn't BS or talking points. It is well known that those not actively seeking employment are not counted.

Every piece of information, data, etc. can be used to prove various points that may even be opposing (Spin). However, there is generally only one way that is accurate and it's seldom presented by any form of major media. So I agree with your last statement.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

Statistician: A man who believes figures don't lie, but admits that under analysis some of them won't stand up either.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary

Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
Fletcher Knebel

I could prove God statistically.
George Gallup (1901 - 1984)

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.
Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)
Messages In This Thread
Obamas pay $162K in taxes -- a 20.5% rate - by the other guy - 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM