Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many candidates still trying?
tvtimeout Wrote:Why do you say that I don't get this... I just contend that 600+ bases is over kill. (1) I feel that the military industrial complex that General Eisnhower warned about has taken over and I think it is over kill.

Nationalizing banks, bailouts of auto industry, bailout of wall street, all on the people's dime, not a private solution.

(2) Which party does this sound like?

Which party did this? Which party had control of the house, senate, and Presidency when this took place?

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck. It must be a duck.

(1) This is the most powerful statement made by Dwight D Eisenhower in his fairwell address to the nation in 1961. "The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist". The fear has always been that the military leaders (like Eisenhower), politicians who support them and those who manufacture war machines and ordinance would become too big to govern, and thus, become untouchable by the US government. I believe this is the very reason General George Patton was disciplined as well as General MacArthur, and rightly so. The congress of the United States must maintain control of the US armed services. I believe you are overreaching with your overkill concerns, however. They watch this stuff pretty close in congress.

Now, if you want to see an example of one man fulfilling General Eisenhower's prophesy you might consider studying the true nature of the action Mr Obama took when the US prosecuted an illegal military action against Lybia.

(2) Seriously, did you miss 2009 through 2010? Think of the Wall Street bailout as if it were a standard transmission, if George W had it in first gear when he left office, Obama slammed 2nd, 3rd and 4th as soon as he started "driving the bus". No, what you are talking about to my mind are progressive policies. Progressives inhabit both parties, unfortunately. Progressives preach social justice and economic equality, and stand for social change, social responsibility, equal opportunity, equal rights and the environment. Sounds like something our president said in a recent sound bite doesn't it? Here is what a local chapter of the progressive party boasts on their website; "We are the nation's most successful third party, electing more state legislators than all others combined. We fight for our core principles of social justice and economic equity. We accept no corporate donations, so are free of the big money influence that dominates the other two parties. We run strategically, win elections, and legislate change".

Are you a Woodrow Wilson fan by chance tvtimeout?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by TheRealThing - 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM