Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many candidates still trying?
tvtimeout Wrote:We will see. What is it about Romney that gets you passionate, what does he stand for that makes you go gee I should vote for this man? Judging by your statements there is not one policy matter that makes you go wow, I am voting for him. Whereas, Ron Paul has policy that you have said you have agreed with, that is very telling.
Commander-in-Chief is the most important job that a president has. On that one point, I strongly disagree with Ron Paul's tendency to blame America first when it comes to Islamo-fascist terrorism. On downsizing the federal government, slashing government expenditures, reducing regulations and corporate tax rates, and many other issues, I agree with Paul. Aside from his weakness on national security, my biggest problem with Paul is that he is not electable. Part of the reason is his stance on the military but the main reason, IMO, is that he is not a particularly inspiring leader - he is not telegenic, has a crackly voice, etc.

Those things are not particularly important to me, but if a candidate can't produce short, snappy TV ads, he is toast in national politics. The masses have the attention of a third grader but their votes count.
Messages In This Thread
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by Hoot Gibson - 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM