Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims
Ill address a couple things.

1. True, as of now Kentucky would have no way of funding this relief. Those affected are 100% dependent on a bureaucratic federal system, that has proven time and time again that they are incapable of handling any type of disaster efficiently. I like the rest of you have no problem with tax payer money being spent to help those affected. However, I feel if more tax payer money was staying in state and able to be used and directed efficiently by people actually from this state everyone would be better off, especially the victims. This is what Ron Paul is speaking of.

True the Federal Govt. has the power to run FEMA, but my argument is why continue with something that is broken. There is still a role the federal govt can play. 1. If a disaster is so devastating then maybe an injection of more tax payer money may be necessary. 2. Logistics, if the states are able to fund and have relief supplies, equipment, personnel, and whatever else ready they would be able to send these to other states in a time of need. This is something I feel the federal govt. could be efficient at doing if it was their main focus.

One of the things that makes our military so strong is the capability of being able to send hundreds of thousands of troops, equipment, and supplies anywhere in the world and maintaining it. They could draw from that experience in setting up plans for providing relief for different regions of the country.
Messages In This Thread
Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims - by Beetle01 - 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM