Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
TheRealVille Wrote:What I find funny about this part, is that you are puttying the liberals into this class, yet the very people that disregard science, are the main fighters of same sex marriage.
I know that, as a liberal, you believe that your intellect is unparalleled, but trust me - it is not. Young people, regardless of intellect, tend to be liberals. Most young people mature into conservatives and moderates but a small minority (15 to 20 percent) of Americans remain snared in the net of liberalism. Those are generally the people who want to turn their opinions into the law of the land by bypassing the legislative process. Conservatives generally want courts to uphold constitutional laws - not nullify them.

As for disregarding science, I have a degree in engineering, advanced training in statistical process control, and I develop computer software for a living. How have I rejected science and how have you embraced it?

I have worked with many liberals and I have worked with many conservatives. I have found no link between intelligence and political philosophy. Some of the smartest people I have known have been liberals and some have been conservatives. Ditto for stupid people. I stopped assuming that liberals are stupid a long time ago. That does not mean that most liberals are not stupid, but I accept that some of them are smarter than me. I find liberals tend to dismiss conservatives as being stupid non-intellectual people who dismiss science, as you just did - regardless of their own understanding of science.

My point is that overall, the level of education in this country has declined in important areas that involve critical thinking skills. There is no reason to believe that the opinions of the minority of people in this country who are clamoring to allow gays and lesbians to marry are any more valid than the majority and there is no reason to think that their opinions are more valid than those of their ancestors who opposed such marriages.
Messages In This Thread
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill - by Hoot Gibson - 02-20-2012, 01:32 PM