Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Era (or Years) of Pro Wrestling
WWF - 1985-1993 has to be my favorite years of professional wrestling. In that time period, pay-per-view and closed circuit broadcasts brought us the first Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble, we had the Saturday Night's Main Event, and those wonderful LJN wrestling superstar action figures and the Sling'em Fling'em ring. And the video games for NES, SNES and Sega that I still play.

Not to mention all of the characters that made wrestling what it is today.... Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Big John Studd, the Ultimate Warrior, Brutus "the Barber" Beefcake, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, The Undertaker (in Grey's) Ted DiBiase w/ Virgil, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby "the Brain" Heenan, Jake "the Snake" Roberts, Ric Rude, Mr. Perfect, Ric "the Model" Martel Demolition, Legion of Doom, Big Boss Man and who could forget the managers.

For me, after Wrestlemania 9 at Ceasar's Palace, was when pro wrestling lost it's juice. Yea, it was still fun to watch after that, but the characters weren't even close to what they were less than a year before. I'd have to say Royal Rumble 1992 has to be one of my favorite pro wrestling event's ever.... and Wrestlemania 9 has to be one of the worst event's the WWF/E has ever produced.
Messages In This Thread
Favorite Era (or Years) of Pro Wrestling - by Pulp Fiction - 01-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Favorite Era (or Years) of Pro Wrestling - by LWC - 01-18-2012, 01:17 AM