Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Gingrich out of Virginia primary election
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Before I say anything I want to make it clear that I don't have a link to back it up...It's what I believe.

The republican "mothership" indeed wants Romney as their nominee. They may "think" Romney will win, but I don't think it will be easy.

I consider myself to be conservative. In my opinion, the republican establishment, along with Romney, are only conservative when it sounds good...A moment every now and then at best.

Is Gingrich someone I consider conservative? No, but more conservative than Romney.

The media (including Fox) and pundits are made up of centrists and those that lean left of where I am. Big business, book writers, columnists, congressman, lobbyists and pork seekers will feel much more comfortable with Romney than with Newt or Paul.

All of the above like a little control over the POTUS. Controlling Gingrich or Paul won't be near as easy.

In my humble opinion, our government needs to take a sharp turn. With Romney behind the wheel it will veer back and forth a little but never steer towards the real change we need. And that's just fine with both side of the aisle right now. A real president that's interested in the constitution, term limits, collaring the fed, ending insider trading, putting journalism in it's place and making legislatures accountable ain't on many of our inept politicians list right now.

If I have to vote for Romney, I'll be holding my nose...Just like the last election. Scary.
Well said, SP. Romney is not my first choice either but he will make a far better candidate than John McCain did. And Barack Obama will be a much weaker candidate in 2012 than we was in 2008 before he had a record to defend.
Messages In This Thread
Republican Gingrich out of Virginia primary election - by Hoot Gibson - 12-25-2011, 01:51 PM