Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 66 - Perry County Central 56
norm Wrote:i'm glad i was at this game. People in the mountains, and especially the 14th region, are being treated to fantastic year with the eligibility of paige. I'm sorry to those of you who are waiting for the next richie farmer or shannon hoskins (legit country boy ballers), but jaysean paige is here! This kid was hyped up so much, i went just to find something wrong with his game. I expected a showboating city kid that would struggle mightily against one of the top teams in the state due to his lack of practice time. What i got to see was an amazing athlete put on quite a show. Playing against 2 of the better players in the state, paige was the best player on the floor, period! The lob he went up and got in the second quarter, although it wasn't a clean finish, gave me goosebumps. He made moves around the basket that i haven't seen in this area ever. His jumpshot is a smooth stroke, and consistent. I was in awe, and it was a joy to watch.

As for the rest of the game, scott county is excellent. They play defense, and i mean they get in your shorts. beverly was a total non-factor. They took him completely out of his game. Cornett was very inconsistent down low and looked simply lost at times on defense. He has to be better in order for perry to edge knott central. Perry, a very good high school team, just didn't have the ability to jump with the cards in the paint and gave up too many second and third chance opportunities.

I haven't seen knott play yet this year, but i believe the region comes down to them and pcc. Buckhorn is capable of beating anyone on a given night, but they are not as good as pcc.

Great day of basketball in hazard, and for those of you curious to see paige play, don't put it off. the kid is a baller!

true!!! And true!!!!!!
Messages In This Thread
Scott County 66 - Perry County Central 56 - by ballstar - 12-18-2011, 02:10 AM