Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
^ You might be right cool guy, but that is why you play the game. Why not offer an analysis on WHY Belfry cannot stay in the game?

I know Belfry fans get on here and cheerlead pretty hard. I also understand why that bothers some other folks. But, exactly what is served by that post? Jeez.

Belfry is clearly the underdog. To say it is "laughable" to think they "will hang" is just disrespectful. Belfry has a pretty solid team. They are not as athletic as Central. IMO they do not have the speed to contain Wales, but I think they will compete and show better than last season.

A lot of posters probably know this already but just to add some information to the thread; Belfry's secondary is better this season. Dixon has transformed his body from the safety position. He is a far better player than last season. Josh Robinson is a completely different player than last year and is an upgrade in speed at the other safety. Sani Warren (#6) was a frosh last year and is a year more mature at CB. He has had a good season. The other CB, Zach Thacker has shown nice tackling ability and good cover skills. IMO, he is better than his predecessor. (no offense to the other young man)

All four Belfry LB'ers started last season. They are all a year older, a big stronger, quicker and more experienced. Will it be enough? Probably not, but they are improved.

Last year in the finals, Belfry turned the ball over early and often. This season, the offense has excuted much better. Willis had some success last season and is improved. Williams has really improved at executing the flexbone and the timing is much better. IMO the line is slightly better than last season. Messer at TE is a year older and improved. Dotson is an improvement over that season's Flanker. Etc

Look, Central was young last season too. Wales has cut people up all year. He likely will have a good deal of success on Saturday. I just don't think you can automatically say Belfry will be "laughable" because of last year's final.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship) - by PaytoPlay - 12-01-2011, 02:44 AM