Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
Quote:Let me be honest. The odds are stacked so high against Belfry, it frightens me. I know that with Jesus Christ we can accomplish anything, and hopefully we can. It makes me sick thinking about losing to Central my freshman and senior years. No disrespect to them, they're an absolute no joke nasty football program and could compete in any class. Just being that close, and losing, truly bothers me. There's alot of things I hate about Belfry, Kentucky. The proximity to West Virginia and their drivers and Mountaineer fans, the ignorant rednecks, and pretty much anyone you see in Wal-Mart, but I do love the football program Coach Philip Haywood and even more distantly Coach Dick Roddy has assembled here more than 10 years before I was even put on this Earth. It would have been special for my team to win state my senior year, just the way they did in my late brother's in 2003. One of my fondest memories of my brother is hugging him after David Jones spun into the endzone in overtime. Saturday morning, my stomach will be in knots and to be honest, I'll feel like crap, but as I lay down to sleep I will pray to my God that my Pirates can pull off the upset and bring the 3A Title home to Belfry, because not only I, but we as a fanbase, want it more than ANYTHING.

Little brother getting me so emotional this early in the morning. Very well said and one of the most heartfelt posts from one of the biggest Belfry Pirates football fans to ever walk on this planet we call home.

I will be watching this game 'til the final whistle blows. Rooting for the Angry Red and waxing nostalgia. We as Pond Creek Nation love this team, not just the '11 version but the team year in and year out. The skull and crossbones could be 0-9 going into game 10 against say the mighty Trinity on the road and you would still see the same fan turnout from the Pirate faithful. Even in the worst of years we turnout. My Jr. and Sr. years we were 7-5 and 8-5 respectively, decent years for most teams, down years for the Pirates and the crowds never shrunk at Vipperman. There are two types of football fans: the attend a game when your team is good or a relative plays fans and Belfry Fans. One of my biggest regrets in life is not putting my 6'2 235lb (Jr/Sr) frame in the Red and White as I am sure I could have been coached into a good lineman, and many men who walked through those halls look back and say if only I had. Ah hindsight and all.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship) - by AtlPirateFan - 11-30-2011, 10:28 AM