Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
Panther Thunder Wrote:The gap between Pikeville and Belfry is closer than the gap between Belfry and Saint Xavier.

I'm not sure what your point is. I misread MCH's post, but from what i thought it said, my point was still a valid one. So, I am confused as to what your jab at Pikeville proves?

As for this whole game/situation:

-The Belfry staff is smart enough to realize if they only try to stop Wales, they will get burnt like some turkeys last week.

-That being said, Wales will have a solid game because Belfry cannot just focus on him. I will predict between 150-175 yards if the game is close. 225-250 in a blowout.

-Belfry is going to have to catch some breaks. They need Central to make some mistakes via penalties, turnovers, busted assignments, etc...

-Belfry needs to sustain long drives and convert on them. Belfry busting a 70-yard TD is good for them because it puts points up, but that just leaves more time with which Central has to work.

-Keep the game low scoring, Belfry does not have much of a chance once this game creeps towards 50 combined points.

-Central needs to establish their ability to throw the football early, opening up the running game later. They would like to score quickly and often.

-It is an obvious one, but force Belfry into passing downs. Belfry has to find a way to be a little creative on 1st and 2nd down to find a way to keep Central honest.

-My prediction:

Central 35
Belfry 14

Best of luck to both teams and here's to no injuries. Hope to see Pikeville back in one of these soon.

Sorry shouldn't have said that i was out of line.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship) - by 99PIRATEFAN - 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM