Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest football player in your schools history?
Santa Monica Wrote:If you saw him play against Somerset (in 2007, the game that ended at 2;30 am) you should believe it. He sure showed his speed that night. On the others, I would guess:
John Cole - 4.40 (I am told he ran 4.39 at Vandy's Sr. Day camp. I saw him and Winston compete against each other in several track meets. I can beleive Cole's times)
Storm Wilson - 4.55 to 4.60 - I have seen Storm play since he was a little dude. Good player. He shows some breakaway speed.
Scott Newell - 4.55-4.6 (I did see him play many times. This is a guess)
Eric Manning - 4.65-4.7 (Guess)

I see a lot of local track meets and follow those times. Hard to tell on Storm because he plays baseball in the spring. I don't remember Scott Newell running any better than 11.5 or so in the 100. That is really good, though. Manning I think played baseball too, so I never saw him run.

What do you think some other PC guys ran?
RC White
Ronnie Claibourne
Stephen McQueen
Alex Abner

I was just curious. I did see Winston in the 2007 game and have probably seen him more than any PC player over the past five or six years which is why I was surprised when you said he ran a 4.4. You are actually pretty spot on with those times except Scotty was probably more of a 4.65 consistently.

Honestly I wouldn't have thought any of those guys you listed would be below a 4.6 but if Winston runs 4.4 I don't even want to try to make a guess. :biggrin:
Messages In This Thread
Fastest football player in your schools history? - by RoShamBo - 11-25-2011, 12:25 PM