Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest football player in your schools history?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That play at Russell was super impressive because not only did he catch him, he poked the ball out and created a turnover if I recall. Matt was fun to watch and highly underrated as a player. He had to wait his turn at HB due to having Jones/Howard ahead of him and only had that one season to shine as the feature back on a "re-loading year" for the Pirates.

Think about what kind of stats Maynard would put up if you plugged him onto this year's team as the feature back?

Not only that, but he graduated at 17 years of age. Both Jones and Howard graduated at 19.

PaytoPlay, I don't know about Matt swearing he could outrun David cause he's too humble of a guy to say he could (I've asked him too).

But I did tell him that if he raced David I'd pay $50 to the winner, just never got around to asking David about it. IMO, it would be well worth the money to see that race, especially 2-3 years ago. They don't know it yet, but their window is closing fast and they'll be slow like the rest of us sooner or later.
Messages In This Thread
Fastest football player in your schools history? - by BoondockSaint - 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM