Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Rowan County return to the state finals?
Trouble Wrote:What in the world does that have to do with anything? Doesn't change who they played.

Secondly, Ashland has Withrow, Whetsel, and Bush at the guard position. Egan shoots well, and Townsend is the best PG in the region. Wing is versatile. My question is this: How does Rowan plan on replacing Hunter in the middle of that 2-3? The tall red headed kid? If that's the plan, I'm not so sure that I'd funnel all those baseline drives to that kid like Hunter stepped down to close off. I will say that Rowan is the favorite, but if you think for one second Ashland can't match up, you're sorely mistaken. How will Rowan defend Gregg? If Ashland can get anything out of Hart or Salow, I think Ashland is a definite threat to Rowan. One poor shooting night in the regional tourney could send someone else to Rupp.

Has a lot to do with it since people are downplaying an amazing accomplishment by saying "it was a good draw". So what? you still have to play the games and you still have to win to advance. Rowan COunty had no say in who was in their bracket.

Secondly, my bet is that Ashland will turn the ball over at an alarming rate when faced with good pressure from quality opponents, especially if Bush is the choice at PG. And I do not believe that either of the other two you mentioned are viable candidates for that position either. Your point about Hunter is a good one...however, at 6'2 Gregg's best asset is his passion for the game; nobody plays harder. That said, the 16th region doesn't have a dominant post player so although RC's lack of a true post player may hurt them on the state level, I do not believe it to be an issue in the 16th.
Messages In This Thread
Will Rowan County return to the state finals? - by HD28 - 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM