Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
75.00%
Southwestern
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11
UKFan8 Wrote:You sir could very well be correct concerning SW having as many offensive weapons. I have not got the chance to see Southwestern play this year, but obviously they're in the regional finals for a reason. I will say that I feel that the Southwestern Players, Coaches, School Administration, and Community should be very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish amid all of the scandal and controversy surrounding the program this year. They say that adversity brings you together or tears you apart, and if that is so, then everyone in the Southwestern family should be commended. I, personally, have drawn inspiration from this team as I've said in previous posts, for their resilience and moxie that they have displayed this season. As a Harlan Co. fan, I've been worried about this team for a long time. I think new coach Andy Stephens has been sensational and there's something different about this Southwestern team. In previous years, Southwestern had sort of built the reputation of "folding" in the playoffs, or "if you can wait until the end of the season, you'll upset them" and things like that. However, it seems that the new administration of this football team has changed the culture, and the results are 5-0 in district play, two playoff victories, and they are hosting the Region 4 Championship Game on Friday Night.

I'm sure, like myself, Tom Larkey and Co. have a ton of respect for this program and who knows, they may have as many weapons as Harlan Co. I honestly don't know. But I will say this, Harlan Co. will be focused and determined to advance to Semi-State #2 next week. I felt that the Pulaski Co. game that you were referring to was somewhat of a "hangover" for the Bears after the heartbreaking loss to Bell Co. on the road in Week 10.

Again, playing at home and the way they've played, I expect Southwestern to come out firing on all cylinders, but I reitterate my previous post by saying it is a strength AND endurance test with Harlan Co. and while I believe Southwestern may stay with them for a half, the grind of playing against a strong, deep offensive and defensive line will wear the Warriors down as the Bears take one more step in the march toward Bowling Green!!!!!

However, a ton of respect for the Warriors!! I'm sure we're in for a battle!

You make some very good statements and we thank you for your kind words. I can't wait till Friday, should be a great environment and a great game!! Hope to see you at the game and good luck to the Black Bears!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Messages In This Thread
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by Aslan - 11-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by UKFan8 - 11-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by HDE - 11-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by T1up - 11-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by UKFan8 - 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by HDE - 11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by LeeCoUKFan - 11-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11 - by ky_boy - 11-18-2011, 04:26 PM