Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poole's Father Wants To Discuss Possible Transfer From UK basketball
I have no problem with it at all. Yes, Stacy is the decision maker and ultimately he is the one who will sign his name to the dotted line should he either leave or leave because he was influenced by his father.

For all of you who are blasting his father, or saying it as simply "leave because you are not good enough or you are not UK material", you guys are all looking at it shortsighted and since you are all weekend wannabes, you don't get it!

I've sat down with college coaches, both with my parents when I was 18 and with my own son when he was 18. When a college coach comes to talk to YOU and your parents, you are told that you are the man. You are told you will PLAY! You are told that this team is very talented and you will CONTRIBUTE to winning a national championship. But trust me guys, what they do NOT tell you is that you will play, but it's only in practices! They tell you that you will contribute, but they do not tell you that your contributions are on the scout team. So step down, and understand it from a vantage point of the student athlete and the parent who is sitting across from the BEST CAR SALESMEN in the world! Don't even think you know what promises or commitments were made, because you nor I were there when they were made.

I'm not blaming coaches for this either. Coaches MUST fill out a roster and they are going to fill it out with the best possible talent they can find. Sometimes they take someone who can contribute - UNTIL - they get the 5 star athlete committed.

So everyone needs to step down from blasting on something that they have no clue about (and I'm not saying that I know either - but I have been there)! If this is best for the young man, then I wish him well and hope that he goes somewhere that he can flourish. It's obviously not going to be at UK, so why keep this kid from making the decision to move elsewhere. Sure, his dad has a play in this, but by-god, we are talking about an 18 year-old, not a 25 year-old! I'm going to protect my 18 year-old who is playing college baseball the same as Mr. Poole and I don't give a damn who has a problem with it!

If I don't think I'm being utilized the best at the job that I do, then I'm going to go somewhere that my skills will be rewarded!
Messages In This Thread
Poole's Father Wants To Discuss Possible Transfer From UK basketball - by Stardust - 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM