Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should The "ALL A" Classic Be Discontinued?
I know in a earlier post I said Jefferson Pilot sponsered the All A. I was wrong, it is Touchstone Energy. It is just a statewide tourney that has nothing to do with the KHSAA. If they want to have a 2-A, 3-A, and a 4-A tourney like the All A is, then they need to get some corperate sponsorship and go ahead and do them. Touchstone started the All A. They sponser it, they make the rules as to who can get in it and who cant just the same as Ashland determines who gets in the AIT. The only difference in the AIT and the All A is that there are many more schools in the All A classic. If the people at Ashland want to invite as many teams to there tourney as Touchstone Energy does for there tourney, then they have that option.

As far as what the winning team calls themselfs, well, I dont know any player on any team that has won the All A so I dont know what they call it. I am sure they are not considered state champions. I would assume they say they won the All A like everyone else calls it. And for the sake of arguement, if a team wins the All A, then cant they say they are the best team in Ky as far as small schools goes? If not, why can the winner of the sweet 16 say they are the best team in the state for any size school?
Messages In This Thread
Should The "ALL A" Classic Be Discontinued? - by BasketBallonlyfan - 12-28-2005, 08:19 PM