Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville's Rick Pitino responds to John Calipari's Kentucky taunt
LWC Wrote:^UL last title was in the 80's wasn't it? And wasn't it with Denny Crum?

I don't think many UK fans realize it, but I am one that does, but a national championship is not a gimme. 13 years without a title feels like 13 years without seeing your children to UK fans. The time will come that UK hangs #8, but it is because of what the program is, the players that are coming and the dedication by personnel.

For all the Ricky P did at UK, he left with 1 title, just like Joe B Hall, just like Tubby Smith. If and/or when Coach Cal gets a title UK fans need to cherish the moment, because no matter how good of a coach or program you are/have they are not easy to get. Just ask Gary Williams, Tubby Smith, Joe B Hall, Rick Pitino, Nolan Richardson, Bill Self, Jim Boehim, etc.....All of those coaches have 1 title. They may have multiple Final 4's but they only have one title.
UL won the '80 title over UCLA and defeated Duke 72-69 in one of the best college basketball games Ive ever watched in 1986.

Great info on the second part of your post too. It was cool that you mentioned my boy Nolan Richardson. Im a diehard Hogs fan, and I loved Strollin' Nolan. Nolan should have had two or three more titles, and the Hogs were awfully close several times in the late 80s through the mid part of the 90s. I know UK fans are excited for this season, but I cant wait to see how much better my Hogs are with Mike Anderson!! Gonna be fun!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Louisville's Rick Pitino responds to John Calipari's Kentucky taunt - by TidesHoss32 - 10-15-2011, 03:55 AM