Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell County Lakers
21.62%
Rockcastle County Rockets
78.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30
papagrit Wrote:You know RA, I really can't pin one reason why Rockcastle has been excelling this year. Sure those four are doing OK. But gosh, what about BB Bradley and Damien McDaniel at linebacker. If those two aren't making tons of tackles while the d-line is eating blockers....then the running backs are getting through anyway. Spencer Childress at safety stopped at least two touchdowns the other night that got away from all of the mentioned above. He is providing a net that gives a new meaning to safety. Childress and McDaniel were both injured and didn't play last year. Spencer did punt some, but, he didn't play. Luna....what can you say about a kid that was so-so in middle school and has stepped his game up to another level in the last two years. He is the safety net for Rowe being hurt and allows Reams to continue to play reciever and make catches or he can run the ball. Junior Eli Haddix...has stepped up in a big way as the season has progressed. From missing a few catches that he should have caught early to stretching out full body on a third and long against PCC and making a spectacular catch to keep a drive going...I'm so proud of that kid. Cory McPhetridge has thrown pass after pass on third downs when the box was constipated you couldn't get a good dose of Milk of Magnesia to unclog it and made big plays. It goes on and on....Kenny Adams hard nosed at guard, Wren stepping up his game on the line as well as Brown at center and Jadon Brock changing from QB to reciever and D lineman and not letting that bother him while he is mashing opposing players(the kid folded up a facemask on a hit at PCC, dad blame what a hit).
The whole thing boils down to it being a team effort. None of the kids are super exceptional...but all together make a daggone good team when they want to p. lay.
I'm really proud of these kids...we'll see how far they can go.:Thumbs:

papa I not saying or taking anything away from any of these kids as I think they all p
Play good . But IMHO the lakes n the twins are playing notch above everyone else this season Idk if its a brother thing or what but man um glad they on our team lol
Messages In This Thread
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by LWC - 09-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by LWC - 09-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by MVP2 - 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by LWC - 09-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by rustyankle - 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by LWC - 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30 - by LWC - 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM