Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which moutain team has impressed you the most in the first two weeks???
Lots of times Johnson Co athletes have dominated and you just didn't relize it! Take Joey Couch he grew up in the County system and was a key member of Paintsville 1985 Class A football team and three 15th Region BB titles his Brother David was First team ALL-State in Basketball at JCHS. Craig Ratliff, Greg Slone, Matt Williams, , Mick Vanhoosse are all memebers of Paintsville teams that won State Championships but came up in the JC system. You can't blame none of these guys for going to Paintsville , JCHS was famous for playing a Kid because his mom or dad was teacher in the School system or playing a rich booster's son over a really gifted player. I will never forget the Great Paintville Football Coach seeing a JCHS Athlete High Jump 6 feet 7 inchs and dominate the 110 High Hurldes Brugh ask the Kid "why he didn't Play Football"? The Kid replied "I did Coach , I played Offensive tackle". Old Brugh just took his hat off and Said "I be dammed"! Turns out a "Real High UP" at JCHS had a "pet" player that he Loved! The "PET" player was 5 feet 6 inchs 145 lbs and got the starting FULLback spot over the 6feet 2 inch 215 lbs track Star. I
Messages In This Thread
which moutain team has impressed you the most in the first two weeks??? - by potlimit2002 - 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM