Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which moutain team has impressed you the most in the first two weeks???
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:There are class for state tournaments in football it means nothing during regular season... But when comparing mountain teams what does it matter if they are single A, double A or larger... That is one of the biggest problems I have with the way things are set up. In this set up, Larger schools are in a lose, lose situation. If they beat a team then they should have, if they lose then they shouldn't have gotten beat by that team. Whats it matter when comparing P-burg and Perry what class they are... Bottom line is in the Mountains if you have to choose the team that has most impressed you, I don't understand how anyone can choose anyone other then PCC... In 2 straight weeks they have beaten too quality teams from programs who are very good every year. To me the fact that P-burg played with them means nothing, they got beat just like JC did. There class has nothing to do with it at all.

The larger team has a larger talent base. It is relatively easy to find 12 kids to play Basketball or even 15-20 for soccer/baseball. But to get the 45 plus needed for a good football program it helps to have 400 boys in the school.

On a side note Kentucky is one of the few states without a basketball class system. Central fans should be very glad of this. Because in any other state losing to a school the size of Paintsville would be an embarrasment. But in kentucky it is the norm.
Messages In This Thread
which moutain team has impressed you the most in the first two weeks??? - by PaintsvilleTigerfan - 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM