Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could fix one political problem right now, what would it be?
LWC Wrote:What level of income does a person have to be at to vote? 30,000? 40,000? 50,000?

I hope that everyone remembers that there are OTHER issues besides the economy that people vote on: education, social issues, who represents them, etc....

The amount of money you put in your purse or wallet, does not equate to your intellegence level OR how much you know about education, how much you know about who would make a good representative, etc....

I am sure that studies show that people with higher education levels make more money, and I have no problem with that, but to try to take a person's right to vote away because they are under a certain income line, is preposterous.
Remember there are people out there with high levels of education that get those college degrees and go into service work, where they choose to make less to do something they are called to or feel passionate about.

What about our military? Not everyone that fights and dies for the USA pays taxes, unless I am mistaken.

Good grief, LWC, how can I make it any simpler for you? Income has nothing to do with my proposal. It matters not whether you pay income taxes of $100,000.00 or $1.00, you still get to vote if you are a contributor to the common good. The class warfare, so sacred to liberals, is a moot issue.

And, by the way, college educated service workers do, on the whole, pay income taxes. They earn enough to do so regardless of their level of "passion".

Is this the best you boys can conjure up? Pitiful.
Messages In This Thread
If you could fix one political problem right now, what would it be? - by Truth - 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM