Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story on foundation paying athletic fees
Stardust Wrote:Fundraisers pay for what the State funding did not provide. There is no way possible that fundraising can support all sports costs. Campbell County, baseball budget is over $20K to fund all three teams. I have no clue what it must cost for football. There is no way that small schools could fund-raise to cover all expenses without the funding that comes to them from the state. So, we are not talking apples to apples here.

Well I hate to bust your bubble Stardust but you are wrong. I have been involved around the fundraising part of high school athletics for 21 years, first at Whitesburg(which was a 2A school) and then at Letcher Central(which is a 4A school). Every dime spent was raised by boosters. Every uniform bought, every trip taken, most meals paid. Facility upkeep and salaries are the only thing the school pays for. I am getting a little tired of hearing the "state" paid for it. When I know for a FACT it didn't. Some of the smaller sports will be in the red and their debt will carry over but they have to pay it off with the next fundraiser.
Messages In This Thread
Story on foundation paying athletic fees - by OrangenowBlue - 08-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Story on foundation paying athletic fees - by nky - 08-09-2011, 02:05 PM