Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the current economy for Dummies
I am very economically ignorant. IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO WITHOUT PARTY FLUFF/BLAME on this site ( Big Grin ), someone help me understand exactly what is going on with the debt ceiling, tax increase/cuts, cut/raise spending, etc...

What it sounds like, and I am sure I am wrong, is the equivalent of America needing another credit card to buy stuff because they don't have the cash.

EVERYONE knows a new credit card is needed but the Reps are saying that the US needs a plan to reduce expenses because it will lead to more credit cards. The Dems are saying to find some more income (increase taxes) and not cut spending that much.

Am I anywhere near close? Am I right in thinking that everyone needs to suck up their pride and compromise? Taxes need to go up a little bit, and some spending has to be cut as well. Is it rational to think that taxes need to go up, spending needs to be cut AND the ceiling needs to be raised?

Doesn't everyone lose OR everyone win that way? As long as everyone has a mutual effect, isn't that enough? I am so confused, I need to learn more about this stuff, lol.
Messages In This Thread
Understanding the current economy for Dummies - by LWC - 07-22-2011, 09:01 PM